I hate new DUB config format

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 26 04:29:54 PST 2015

On 2015-11-25 11:17, Suliman wrote:
> I think that using SDL format was big mistake. Not only I do not want to
> spend time in learning yet another dead config format that now use only
> one project -- DUB. In time when DUB used json it was not perfect, but
> at last it was standard and everybody can read it.
>
> Now when I come to code.dlang.org I can't simply do copy-past of
> dependence. I need go to docs page, and read how to include it.
>
> Also I do not see any projects that are migrate to SDL. Everybody
> continue to use JSON. So please, return JSON back as default, or very
> soon we will see that nobody do not submit packages to code.dlang.org
> and nobody do not use DUB for their own projects.
>
> Please vote about SDL config format
> http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=565587f4e4b0b3955a59fb67
>
> If SDL will stay by default I will prefer to move to any other build
> system or will downgrade to old version of DUB.

BTW, why was not TOML [1] chosen? I know it was discussed but I can't
remember why SDL was preferred. I think TOML is more widely used than
SDL [2]. GitLib CI multi runner is also using it.

[1] https://github.com/toml-lang/toml
[2] https://github.com/toml-lang/toml#projects-using-toml

--
/Jacob Carlborg