I hate new DUB config format

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 26 08:17:02 PST 2015

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 01:43:13PM +0000, mattcoder via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Sorry but for me this is another "HOT" thread for a sh*t problem. The
> OP dislikes SDL, so use JSON. What's the big deal, and as Sönke Ludwig
> said, it was announced before
> (http://forum.rejectedsoftware.com/groups/rejectedsoftware.dub/thread/2/)
> and most agree with this change.
>
> I'm here almost every day reading the topics. And is weird to see how
> the sh*t ones usually got attraction.
[...]

It's an internet phenomenon. Online forums tend to be short and sweet
when it comes to important discussions, but trivial discussions tend to
flourish, attract lots of attention, and, if they happen to touch on an
especially sensitive or controversial topic, rapidly grow out of
proportion and threaten to take over the entire forum and become the
biggest topic of the day, even though in the grand scheme of things it's
really not that important.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson's_law_of_triviality

That's not a bug; that's a feature!