I hate new DUB config format

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 26 09:07:49 PST 2015

On 11/25/2015 11:45 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2015-11-25 20:02, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Note 2: I intend to migrate the dmd.conf file format to json.
> What's the gain here compared to the breakage it will cause?

I recently spent some effort extending that format to support needed features.
It would not have been necessary if it was in json. (The dmd.conf format has
been extended multiple times in the past, and I expect it to be in the future.
The extensions have also tended to be quick and dirty (and buggy) hackish
changes because nobody wanted to spend any real time on it. Again, a problem
solved by using json.)

The old format would still be read, it would just no longer get any improvements.