Feature Request: Hashed Based Assertion

Idan Arye via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 26 12:06:51 PST 2015

On Thursday, 26 November 2015 at 11:12:07 UTC, tcak wrote:
> I brought this topic in "Learn" a while ago, but I want to talk
> about it again.
>
> [...]

So it's not just the function's signature you want to hash, but
it's code as well? What about functions called from the API
function? Or functions that set data that'll later be used by the
API functions?

If anything, I would have hashed the unittests of the API
function. If the behavior of the API function changes in a
fashion that requires a modification of the unittest, then you
might need to alert the business logic programmers. Anything less
than that is just useless noise that'll hide the actual changes
you want to be warned about among the endless clutter created by
trivial changes.