I hate new DUB config format

Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 26 12:54:18 PST 2015

On 26/11/2015 12:29, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> BTW, why was not TOML [1] chosen? I know it was discussed but I can't
> remember why SDL was preferred. I think TOML is more widely used than
> SDL [2]. GitLib CI multi runner is also using it.
>
> [1] https://github.com/toml-lang/toml
> [2] https://github.com/toml-lang/toml#projects-using-toml

I was wondering the same. I actually think JSON would be just fine since
the dub.json manifest is usually quite small, and edited very seldomly,
so no worries to have the slightly verbose JSON as a format.

But if we really wanted a more succinct format, why not go with TOML
instead of SDL?!? TOML actually has some widespread support (even if not
as much as JSON), and has parsers written in several languages already!
SDL on the other hand always looked like a out-of-nowhere,
no-one-ever-heard-of-it-project.
Like the Lincoln Chafee of US Democratic presidental candidates... I
mean, there are probably ultra weird, obscure japanese fetishes that are
more well-known than SDL!

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros