I hate new DUB config format

Jack Applegame via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 26 23:31:33 PST 2015

On Thursday, 26 November 2015 at 09:41:38 UTC, ponce wrote:
> On Thursday, 26 November 2015 at 09:04:27 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko
> wrote:
>>
>> Single language, json based configuration engine is simpler
>> for IDE development and configuration tools. For example,
>> Sublime Text.This is very important to make language used by
>> big amount of users.
>>
>> Ilya
>
> Sublime Text configuration has no comments and this kind of
> sucks compared to eg. a webserver key-value configuration file,
> or sc.ini, so I'm not sure you chose the best example.

Sublime Text configuration has a lot of comments:

// Place your settings in the file
"User/Preferences.sublime-settings", which
// overrides the settings in here.
//
// Settings may also be placed in file type specific options
files, for
// example, in Packages/Python/Python.sublime-settings for python
files.
{
     // Sets the colors used within the text area
     "color_scheme": "Packages/Color Scheme -
Default/Monokai.tmTheme",

     // Note that the font_face and font_size are overridden in
the platform
     // specific settings file, for example, "Preferences
(Linux).sublime-settings".
     // Because of this, setting them here will have no effect:
you must set them
     // in your User File Preferences.
     "font_face": "",
     "font_size": 10,

     // Valid options are "no_bold", "no_italic", "no_antialias",
"gray_antialias",
     // "subpixel_antialias", "no_round" (OS X only), "gdi"
(Windows only) and
     // "directwrite" (Windows only)
     "font_options": [],