I hate new DUB config format

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 26 23:55:11 PST 2015

Am 27.11.2015 um 08:29 schrieb Jacob Carlborg:
> Personally I think Dub and code.dlang.org is designed completely wrong.
> Currently Dub works by the user pushing new code to the repository on
> GitHub and code.dlang.org watching for changes. If the user instead
> would use Dub to build a package locally which is then uploaded to
> code.dlang.org you would have less of these issues. The code would be
> executed on the client and serialized to a data format (JSON, XML, YAML,
> whatever) that no person will ever see. code.dlang.org would then read
> this data format, instead of executing the code, just like it's doing now.

That would mean more work for everyone and consequently less adoption.
Seriously, I think it's the best approach possible and really couldn't
imagine using a more manual system to the extend that I do now. But more
importantly, it would mean that we have a problem with cross-platform
packages. You can't expect everyone to be able to build for all
platforms. But if they don't, you can't know the dependencies or
whatever else for those other platforms, even if the code would in
theory compile fine.