I hate new DUB config format

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 27 03:04:08 PST 2015

On Thursday, 26 November 2015 at 22:27:08 UTC, CraigDillabaugh
wrote:
> On Thursday, 26 November 2015 at 20:56:04 UTC, Bruno Medeiros
> wrote:
>> On 26/11/2015 12:53, Daniel Kozak via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>> V Thu, 26 Nov 2015 12:43:52 +0000
>>> Chris via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> napsáno:

>>> Ok, but we can afford to mantain a parser for a dead format?
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Simple_Declarative_Language
>>>

>> BAM!! *Daniel drops mike, walks way*
>>

>> (well said)
>
> Isn't it easier to maintain a parser for a dead format than a
> living one? You know it won't change ... after all, its dead!

Err, that's what I thought too. It won't change anymore, if it's
dead, right? Also, in the case of SDL, the parser has already
been written, for better or worse. But in the case of TOML, time
would be spent on _yet another markup language_, and for what?
Once D takes off we can think about these things. Atm, they're
not really important. Our house doesn't stand properly yet and
we're discussing effin bikesheds.