I hate new DUB config format

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 27 06:57:35 PST 2015

On Friday, 27 November 2015 at 14:04:26 UTC, B.Basile wrote:
> On Friday, 27 November 2015 at 13:52:58 UTC, wobbles wrote:
>>>
>>> +10
>>>
>>> Everyones opinion is different, no one is right, no one is
>>> wrong - It's all just opinion.
>>>
>>> The only thing it's served to do is piss off a very important
>>> contributor to the D ecosystem.
>>>
>>> None of this thread matters - can we move on?
>>
>> "It" being this thread.
>
> It also unleashes some critism people wouldn't have formulate
> otherwise.
>
> And contrary to what people say, I think such topics give a
> dynamic aspect to the NG. Such topics are in a sense recreative
> and pleasant (fun) to read. The only thing to get is that this
> is not so serious.

If anything, this thread shows that there has to be more
communication between the developers. It's detrimental, when
discontent builds up behind the scenes only to erupt suddenly
over a minor issue.

There are two things at loggerheads here: a) the call for strong
leadership and b) the desire to make decisions based on open
discussions within the community.

It's certainly not easy to find the right balance, which is why
better communication is of utmost importance. The odd email might
help to get people out of their bikesheds to discuss the color of
the door.