I hate new DUB config format

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 27 07:15:09 PST 2015

On Friday, 27 November 2015 at 14:57:36 UTC, Chris wrote:

> If anything, this thread shows that there has to be more
> communication between the developers. It's detrimental, when
> discontent builds up behind the scenes only to erupt suddenly
> over a minor issue.
>
> There are two things at loggerheads here: a) the call for
> strong leadership and b) the desire to make decisions based on
> open discussions within the community.
>
> It's certainly not easy to find the right balance, which is why
> better communication is of utmost importance. The odd email
> might help to get people out of their bikesheds to discuss the
> color of the door.

My _personal_ impression is that projects like DUB that are not
part of DLang, but are part of "offical D", are not tied fast
enough to official D. If we find a strategy to tie anything that
is part of "official D", but may live in a separate repos, faster
to D, threads like this can be avoided.

Peace pipe?