I hate new DUB config format

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 27 07:49:45 PST 2015

On Friday, 27 November 2015 at 15:35:32 UTC, Chris wrote:
> That's why I said that (timely) communication is of utmost
> importance. Post factum decisions are bound to cause trouble.

Yes, I agree. So then one should just stand by whatever the
maintainer has chosen, because he is more likely to have
considered what is needed in terms of current and future needs.

What do people need to write their puny config files? A webpage
with typical examples, commented and explained. Cut'n'paste.

Besides that, javascript is a horrible format for hand editing.
In fact, any curly braced format is bad. Misplace one brace and
things break in hard to figure out ways.

This is what is good about XML, the end markers are clear and
makes automatic resolution possible even in loose grammars. I'll
never really understand why people consistently fail to
understand why SGML is designed the way it is.