I hate new DUB config format

Gordon via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 27 08:23:45 PST 2015

On Thursday, 26 November 2015 at 20:56:04 UTC, Bruno Medeiros
wrote:
> On 26/11/2015 12:53, Daniel Kozak via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> V Thu, 26 Nov 2015 12:43:52 +0000
>> Chris via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> napsáno:

>>> TOML looks nice, _but_ it's version 0.4.0. We cannot afford to
>>> maintain a parser for a format that hasn't "settled down" yet.
>>
>> Ok, but we can afford to mantain a parser for a dead format?
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Simple_Declarative_Language
>>

> BAM!! *Daniel drops mike, walks way*
>

> (well said)

Very well indeed. Sonke needs to respond to this.

By Sonkes own admission json does everything we need except
comments. These configuration files are what 50 lines long? And
there is an easy workaround. Seriously our problem we dont have
nice comments for tiny files? So lets use a language nobody else
wants to use? How dod we get to this point?

Andrei is an ass sometimes. But his point is valid. Now we have
Sonke all offended but do not mix it the technical point. And of
course Douchebot had to come out of the woodwork. Worst thing
about D leadership is they didn't rid the community of persons
like him. But that should not detract from the main point - SDL
is a bad decision any way you look at it. It should be undone.