I hate new DUB config format

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 27 10:27:56 PST 2015

On Friday, 27 November 2015 at 18:11:34 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Friday, 27 November 2015 at 17:51:40 UTC, Chris wrote:
>> DUB works out of the box. dub init myproject.
>
> Wasn't smack-talking DUB. Just pointing out that any type of
> modification of a config file is a turnoff for a newbie, no
> matter what format it is in.
>
> (and for me and many others JSON would be a massive turn-off)

But JSON is widely used and chances are that people are already
familiar with it. If not, it's easy to learn, there are loads of
resources. 3rd party tools can easily parse it. And hey, it's not
that bad. XML is a lot worse as regards human readability.
However, I will for the life of me never understand why comments
were not included.