I hate new DUB config format

krzaq via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 28 05:37:33 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 25 November 2015 at 10:17:02 UTC, Suliman wrote:
> I think that using SDL format was big mistake. Not only I do
> not want to spend time in learning yet another dead config
> format that now use only one project -- DUB. In time when DUB
> used json it was not perfect, but at last it was standard and
> everybody can read it.
>
> Now when I come to code.dlang.org I can't simply do copy-past
> of dependence. I need go to docs page, and read how to include
> it.
>
> Also I do not see any projects that are migrate to SDL.
> Everybody continue to use JSON. So please, return JSON back as
> default, or very soon we will see that nobody do not submit
> packages to code.dlang.org and nobody do not use DUB for their
> own projects.
>
> Please vote about SDL config format
> http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=565587f4e4b0b3955a59fb67
>
> If SDL will stay by default I will prefer to move to any other
> build system or will downgrade to old version of DUB.

To be honest, the use of json for *config* has always stumped me.
This may be a very minor thing, but I don't want to refer to my
settings as strings. "version" is not version. Even xml doesn't
do that.

Because of the above, when the new DUB came with a new config
format, I just said "finally!".

I hope you stick with it, or at least with a sane config format.