extern(C++, NS)

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 29 02:40:53 PST 2015

On 29 Nov 2015 11:30 am, "Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d" <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On 2015-11-29 11:19, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>
>> I keep telling them to fix that.  My suggestion of replacing them with
>> meaningful errors was rejected.
>

> "rejected", what!! Any assertion in the compiler is a bug. Or was that
not from the compiler?

Someone put in those ICE's on the promise that at some point it would be
detected in semantic pass before the symbol mangling was requested.  That
promise was never kept.

For reference (or if you enjoy time travelling)
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/4661