I hate new DUB config format

Marc Schütz via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 29 05:21:31 PST 2015

On Friday, 27 November 2015 at 22:05:05 UTC, terchestor wrote:
> On Friday, 27 November 2015 at 20:16:20 UTC, Minas Mina wrote:
>> SDLang is fine. If someone wants to use D, it won't be SDLang
>> that will stop him.
>>
>> Keep calm and use SDLang.
>
> No. STDLang is a terrible idea. Walter's arguments are right on.

He argued that {"comment":"blabla"} is a comment, and the sad
thing is he's serious. That's a really shocking thing from
someone like him!

And then he suggested we could just use a standard JSON parses,
totally ignoring the reasons SDL was introduced in the first
place, namely that comments can't be used in standard JSON, and
it forces commas and braces all over the place while disallowing
trailing commas.

The third argument I've seen from him boils down to that it's an
uncommon format (although at first he claimed it was invented for
DUB, which is clearly wrong). While this may be a legitimate
concern, it is a very minor one IMO.

So, how can you conclude these arguments "are right on"? In fact,
they're at best unimportant, but mostly non-sensical or based on
wrong assumptions.