JSON5 support for std.json

Chris Wright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 29 16:30:07 PST 2015

I'm considering adding JSON5 support to std.json and want to know how
well this would be received.

JSON5 is pretty much just modern JavaScript's object literal format,
allowing things like comments, trailing commas, and single-quoted strings.

I only plan to add support for parsing JSON5, not emitting it. So there
should be no compatibility concerns with what std.json emits.

Since it's technically a breaking change (people can use std.json
currently to validate that a document is valid JSON), I am inclined to
make JSON5 be off by default and add an option to parse JSON5 rather than
JSON1. Anyone have strong feelings about this?