JSON5 support for std.json

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 29 19:40:12 PST 2015

On Monday, 30 November 2015 at 00:30:07 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
> I'm considering adding JSON5 support to std.json and want to
> know how well this would be received.

Considering this is something that has apparently existed for
more than three years and this is the first time I'm hearing of
it, I have a hard time justifying it's inclusion into Phobos. I
have never once heard of any project using JSON5 and googling it
brings up one negative blog post, the HN post which is full of
negative comments, and every other result are language bindings.

I have to agree with all the negativity, it seems like a poor
idea and calling it "JSON" is inappropriate. Also, std.json is
slated for deprecation.

If you want a JSON5 D parser, I'd say go ahead and throw it up on
code.dlang.org. What would be much more beneficial IMO is a YAML
parser based on the API of
http://code.dlang.org/packages/std_data_json