I hate new DUB config format

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 30 03:19:06 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 25 November 2015 at 19:12:43 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> It's not. To DUB maintainers: this is a strategic error. Please
> throw SDL away and use a standardized file format. -- Andrei

It's indeed a strategic error to bet on an arcane format, and the
fact that the SDL website went down soon after adding SDL support
just proves the point. But I don't think it's a big problem, we
should simply add more parsers, e.g. yaml and toml, and let
people use what they're comfortable with. Of course we'd still
need to choose a default.