I have this game engine...

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 30 03:55:02 PST 2015

On 30 November 2015 at 00:54, Poyeyo via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, 1 November 2015 at 01:33:29 UTC, Manu wrote:
>>
>> So, I just wanted to put this idea out there, and see what other people
>> make of it.
>>
>> [...]
>

> I'm interested in learning what the commercial license is.
>
> Right now it is unclear and secretive, in contrast with Unity and Unreal
> engines.

Well, nobody has ever asked about it before.

I wrote that because I wanted to reserve the right to grant permission
to a developer wanting to use it commercially. Permission would almost
certainly be granted, free of charge for a certain class of project
(small-medium scale dev). But the reason I put it there was to avoid
any situation where someone used my code, made something insanely
successful, and gave the original developer nothing.
Angry Birds is the prime example, the guy who wrote Box2D was 90%
responsible for Angry Birds; which I expect is no more than 200 lines
of code on top of Box2D and a bit of art. Rovio made *billions* of
dollars, and never gave him a cent. I'm all for commercial use, but I
want to know about commercial projects, grant permission, and/or agree
on a reasonable cut if someone becomes a billionaire off of my work.
Most likely case is that I'd just be a valuable resource of free dev
support ;)