Shout out to D at cppcon, when talkign about ranges.

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 1 03:05:45 PDT 2015

On 10/1/2015 2:31 AM, Joakim wrote:
> On Thursday, 1 October 2015 at 08:37:37 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Sadly, Matthew's work seems to have disappeared from the internets and his web
>> sites have vanished (rangelib.org).
>>
>> Update: found it on web.archive.org!
>>
>> https://web.archive.org/web/20050427085507/http://rangelib.synesis.com.au/
>>
>> Anyhow, this is what I could dig up in an hour or so.
>
> That site is still up, at least for me:
>
> http://rangelib.synesis.com.au/

I have the Oct 2004 issue of CUJ where Matthew Wilson writes about ranges:

"Ranges are simple to use and implement and, for most of the components written
so far, are compilable by a majority of commonly used compilers. They're so
simple that you may wonder why no one has defined them before."

Boost ranges are still not modern ranges:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_59_0/libs/range/doc/html/range/concepts/single_pass_range.html

Eric's ranges are modern ranges for C++. Matthew had them for C++ 10 years ago,
but his work was forgotten. He was going to propose it for Boost, but I don't
know what happened.