Moving back to .NET

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 1 09:00:28 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 30 September 2015 at 12:21:10 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:

> The reason is much more likely that the expectations are set at
> a level where D does not deliver. If you want a production
> environment to be judged favourably it is a good idea to set
> the expectations one notch below what you deliver. There is a
> bit too much hubris in how D is portrayed and therefore you get
> a backlash, from actual D users.

I agree that the D community raises the bar quite high for itself
and other people might get the impression that everything is
perfect, while it isn't. However, a lot of complaints are about
IDEs, one click installers (i.e. the tools) and not about how D
handles floating point numbers.

Could you line out how you would like a language to be so it
doesn't bore you stiff?