Is Anything Holding you back?

David DeWitt via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 1 19:52:21 PDT 2015

On Friday, 2 October 2015 at 02:31:50 UTC, Yaser wrote:
> On Friday, 2 October 2015 at 02:29:47 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> On Friday, 2 October 2015 at 02:25:21 UTC, Yaser wrote:
>>> Are there any critical frameworks or libraries that are
>>> holding you back in fully investing in D?
>>
>> Nope, if anything like that comes up, I'll just write it
>> myself!
>
> That's the attitude, but do you think you can rewrite 10+ years
> * X man hours of software by yourself

Im sure he meant if he needs something thats not yet available
then he'll just write it.  D is a community effort so obviously
many ppl need to chip in.  I pretty much use the usual Python/JS
combo professionally and there are a ton of battle tested
libraries and frameworks but innovation always brings new
techniques and libraries that eventually replace old stuff.  If
the attitude was "well Java has X and countless others" then none
of the newer languages would every get build.  Look at how React
has pretty much taken over (well at least for me) that is new and
so is the countless community driven projects evolving around
React.

Like anything D does need more things like better Database
support, web frameworks, etc but it will get there. Who knows in
a couple years maybe you will be doing everything in D.