Is Anything Holding you back?

luminousone via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 1 22:15:25 PDT 2015

On Friday, 2 October 2015 at 02:25:21 UTC, Yaser wrote:
> Are there any critical frameworks or libraries that are holding
> you back in fully investing in D? Obviously I think D is an
> awesome language, but some frameworks/libraries hold me back,
> wish I could do everything in D.

vibe.d compatible sqlite, postgresql, and oracle sql drivers. dub
support in visualD/mono-d, better container libraries in the
standard library(granted this is coming now that the allocator
library is just about here).

derelictGL has issues with AMD cards(issues that are AMD's fault
granted) that has caused me to have to maintain a fork with a few
things commented out.

I would kill for golang channel like types supported in the
standard library.

other then some database support missing from vibe.d nothing
really holds me back, just annoyances really.