Is Anything Holding you back?

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 2 02:38:43 PDT 2015

On Friday, 2 October 2015 at 02:25:21 UTC, Yaser wrote:
> Are there any critical frameworks or libraries that are holding
> you back in fully investing in D? Obviously I think D is an
> awesome language, but some frameworks/libraries hold me back,
> wish I could do everything in D.

Sadly, the preprocessor, and it just happened to me today. In
C++, I include the header and I'm done. In D, I have to either
manually duplicate the C declarations or use dstep. I'm more than
ok with the latter option, but my environment is weird (doesn't
use the system libc) and dstep didn't work. Doing it manually
would be so much work that I gave up for this project in
particular.

Mostly I write everything in D these days though.

Atila