Is Anything Holding you back?

Jan Johansson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 2 10:38:36 PDT 2015

On Friday, 2 October 2015 at 02:25:21 UTC, Yaser wrote:
> Are there any critical frameworks or libraries that are holding
> you back in fully investing in D? Obviously I think D is an
> awesome language, but some frameworks/libraries hold me back,
> wish I could do everything in D.

I want a really good communication stack, doing SOAP (no - I
don't want the dry old 'JSON' is best, 'SOAP' is bad argument - I
got enough reasons to use SOAP in many solutions) and the one
really good stack I've seen so far on SOAP is WCF.

It would be a dream to be able to define service contracts and
data contracts in a smooth and slick way in D, but maybe it's too
heavy. It took MS about 5 years to create.