Go, D, and the GC

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 3 00:49:23 PDT 2015

https://github.com/golang/proposal/blob/master/design/12800-sweep-free-alloc.md

>>> [...]
>>
>> https://github.com/golang/go/blob/master/LICENSE
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Wouldn't it largely benefit D? I guess that I'm not the first one to
think about it. Thoughts?

>> Why do you think Go's GC might be better than D's?  Is it because we
lack the PR when changes/innovations are done to the GC in druntime?  Do
you *know* about anything new that has changed or improved in D's GC over
the last two years?

>> I'd be interested to hear about this.
>

> I know that it has the reputation of being of the simplest kind. Haven't
looked at the code actually (and I wouldn't understand much even if I did).

So I doubt you've looked at Go's GC code either.  In which case it is a
matter of PR which led to your suggestion.