Shout out to D at cppcon, when talkign about ranges.

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 3 01:58:07 PDT 2015

On 1 October 2015 at 08:47, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> [...]
> (D has seriously ruined my life; I simply can't bring myself to go back to C++ anymore. At least not voluntarily.)

OMG, this!
Seriously, this is more true than I can express in words ;)
My career is severely damaged by D, because I can't use D at work (no
matter how hard I try, for however many years), and I can't enjoy
coding C++ anymore! >_<

> Also, this seems to confirm that C++ is gradually falling to the
> position where it's playing catch-up with respect to innovations in
> newer languages like D and Rust. The fact that ranges are being proposed
> for the C++ standard library is a big endorsement of D, IMO.

My strategy has been to backport D ideas into C++ over the past year
since my last failed attempt to get D into my office, and this has
been an AGONISING and extremely time consuming process.
I have slices, ranges (as best I can), delegates, and my code is
generally D-ish. Most people in the office like working with it, and
they're starting to realise the connection to D ;)
None of it would be possible without C++11 variadic templates. It's
been the biggest improvement to C++ for a long time, even though some
of the constructs they lead to are far more obtuse than anything I've
ever seen emerge in C++ before.