C++ compiler vs D compiler

Abdulhaq via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 3 03:45:22 PDT 2015

Perhaps the answer to this is obvious, but what's harder to write
from scratch - a C++ compiler or a D compiler? :-)

We know Walter wrote a C++ compiler single handedly, does anyone
else recall the C++ Grandmaster qualification, the free course
where participants get to write a complete C++ compiler from
scratch? I think it's dead now but I can't find any real info
about that despite a serious google. What's the chances of anyone
single-handedly writing a D compiler from scratch in the future?
I know deadalnix is writing SDC in D - sounds interesting. Is the
D language well enough documented / specified for a complete D
implementation to be even possible (as things stand now)?