http://wiki.dlang.org/Building_DMD improvements

Marco Leise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 3 05:41:26 PDT 2015

Am Sat, 03 Oct 2015 10:38:51 +0000
schrieb Atila Neves <atila.neves at gmail.com>:

> On Friday, 2 October 2015 at 11:06:52 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
> wrote:
> > The Wiki page http://wiki.dlang.org/Building_DMD could be
> > easily reorganized to make better.
> >
> > Currently it uses sections such as "Getting the sources",
> > "Building the sources", etc. Within each seion there's a Posix
> > section and a Windows section.
> >
> > However, folks using e.g. Windows have no interest in Posix and
> > shouldn't have to skip through portions of the document.
> >
> > So the better organization would be to fork the page into two,
> > and have http://wiki.dlang.org/Building_DMD link to them:
> >
> > * Building on Windows
> > * Building on Posix
> >
> > Could someone please look into this? I see the main author is
> > BBaz, is (s)he active on this forum?
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Andrei
>
> Better yet would be to have a process so simple that it doesn't
> require a wiki.
>
> Atila

You mean Posix: make && make install ?
Sure, but what about dependencies, an explanation of the
self-hosting process and optional variables ? Even when it is
simple I tend to look at such a Wiki first to know if I'm
missing out on some flag-enabled feature or to know where the
files will install (/opt, /usr/local, ... )

--
Marco