Multiple alias this redux

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 3 06:49:08 PDT 2015

On 10/03/2015 02:17 AM, deadalnix wrote:
> Anything, but please make this happen. Considering how alias this is
> implemented in the first place, I really doubt a simple implementation
> exists. Maybe a simpler one, I'm not familiar enough with the codebase
> to judge, but certainly not a simple one (dug into the alias this code
> not so long ago).
>
> Considering this, I do think this is reasonable to accept some level a
> complexity in the PR that may not seems strictly required at first glance.
>
> alias this, is a complex feature as it interact with identifier
> resolution, casting, choosing overload when calling and some more. This
> is the nature of the beast.

Igor wrote this on the pull request: "@andralex Hello. I was out and
will nd I will be absent for some time becauseI'm busy with graduate
work at the university and is very busy at the job. I'll return to this
work and other D works after a couple of months. Sorry. BTW, I have some
ideas about this implementation." He also wrote me email.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind if somebody else would take implementation over.

Andrei