What keeps you from using gtkd or dlangui

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 4 06:41:54 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 4 October 2015 at 13:24:23 UTC, karabuta wrote:
> In YHO, what keeps you from using any of those fully(mostly)?
> Gtkd first,  followed by dlangui.  I need to know what I am
> signing up for.

I don't like gtk as an end user, so I don't use it as a developer
either. I've never tried dlangui, it came out after I started
writing my own.

What irks me about gtk as a user is that I have to install other
stuff to use it and then the created windows just tend to be ugly
and hard to use. Though, I've avoided it the last couple years
for the most part so maybe it has improved... but Firefox and
gimp still use that horribly horrible file chooser dialog
sooooooo yeah.