What keeps you from using gtkd or dlangui

FreeSlave via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 5 00:43:07 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 4 October 2015 at 13:24:23 UTC, karabuta wrote:
> For some time now I have been trying various GUIs options in D.
> I came to settle on gtkd and dlangui(stability is not my
> current priority).
>
> In YHO, what keeps you from using any of those fully(mostly)?
> Gtkd first,  followed by dlangui.  I need to know what I am
> signing up for.

Is dlangui still alive? The last commit was 5 months ago. Maybe
we should ask the author.

What I did not like about dlangui is performance on window
resizing. It eats a lot of CPU and make application unresponsive
for some time after (tried it on Linux without compositing window
manager). Maybe it's because of SDL2.