Moving back to .NET

Jeremy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 5 08:46:33 PDT 2015

On Monday, 5 October 2015 at 15:01:14 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> Well, I am less concerned about those that stumble on the
> doorstep.

> If that is enough to not carry on then they are most likely not
> motivated and can probably get their needs covered elsewhere.

Respectfully, I think helping new users get a jump start on their
application produces an initial jolt of productivity which in
turn helps keep someone motivated.

> I am more concerned about those that use D for what it is
> particularly well suited for (systems and OS-level programming)
> and give up after writing some tools with it.

I prefer Andrei's mantra of "...being good at everything C and
C++ are good at, and also by being good at many tasks that C and
C++ are not good at..."

https://yow.eventer.com/yow-2014-1222/cool-things-about-d-why-and-how-we-use-it-at-facebook-by-andrei-alexandrescu-1741