What keeps you from using gtkd or dlangui

Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 6 08:33:08 PDT 2015

Am Mon, 05 Oct 2015 14:21:55 -0400
schrieb Nick Sabalausky <SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com>:

> > Lots of us use GNOME and are proud to do so.
> >

> GNOME3? I'm surprised to hear that. My (perhaps inaccurate)
> understanding was that it landed with quite a thud and alienated a
> lot of its userbase (and even many of it's developers), moreso than
> the early days of KDE4 did. And I've never personally known anyone
> who did use GNOME3 (to my knowledge), so I figured it had become very
> much fringe.

As of 2015, critical reception is much more positive.[48] Debian, a
Linux distribution that had historically used GNOME 2, switched to Xfce
when GNOME 3 was released. However, Debian readopted GNOME 3 in time
for the release of Debian 8 "Jessie".[49][48] Linus Torvalds, the
creator of the Linux kernel, switched back to GNOME 3 in 2013.[48]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNOME#GNOME_3

Fedora and RHEL also use gnome 3 by default.

Gnome 3 was kinda annoying but has improved with every release. If
you use the keyboard shortcuts, virtual desktops and some nice
extensions it's a nice DE. And with proper icons (numix) it also looks
great.