D and microservices

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 6 10:54:23 PDT 2015

On Tue, 2015-10-06 at 16:21 +0000, Dejan Lekic via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Tuesday, 6 October 2015 at 16:12:12 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> > Has anyone got a small example of microservices using D, with
> > Vibe.d or otherwise, that I can make use of? I need some
> > examples of small microservices for a session at μCon 2015.
>
> As far as I know, there is no implementation of microservices as
> we see in the Java world. IMHO, D community should come up with a
> good microservices architecture. As you pointed out, it could be
> based on vibed.

Pity, microservices is a very fashionable thing just now, and Go is wiping
the floor with Node and Java. Well that bit is opinion but… many people are
getting into all this non-blocking, event-driven, shared memory stuff and
boiling their brains, whereas the Go folk are doing blocking stuff using
dataflow which is much easier to program.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder     t:+44 20 7585 2200   voip:sip:
russel.winder at ekiga.net
41 Buckmaster Road   m:+44 7770 465 077   xmpp:russel at winder.org.uk
London SW11 1EN, UK  w: www.russel.org.uk skype:russel_winder