Moving back to .NET

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 7 02:25:08 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 7 October 2015 at 08:17:32 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> The target is a pragmatic compiled language.

That's wonderfully undefined. A pragmatic compiled language can
be anything from ATS to compiled Python.

> Static analysis is a focus and believed to be done with
> relatively simple and clean language rules that ensure correct
> results.

Which D is not.

> Current direction seems to be explicit
> structs+destructors+allocators.

I don't see this. Allocators is purely a library feature and is
not designed to be explicit either.

Buf if that is right then:

- Get rid of the dichotomy between classes and structs, having
syntactically different pointers for classes without any semantic
significance is rather annoying.

- Get rid of all gc-dependent language features.

- Add language features that enables proper custom pointers.

etc