TIOBE october

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 7 03:55:19 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 7 October 2015 at 03:26:37 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html
>
> d up from 31 in march.  Just below scala, sas, and fortran.  No
> doubt noisy, and possibly news about Andrei leaving Facebook
> had an influence.  They changed the algorithm to be more
> tolerant of noise, which has had an impact on the results
> (which might also be a hint about the degree of precision in
> such an exercise) but don't say how that affected D, if at all.

Really, TIOBE doesn't mean much, but it is interesting to see
that D is _way_ above Rust (which is barely in the top 50), and
Go didn't make the top 50 at all. I typically hear way more about
Go and Rust from folks outside of the newsgroup than I ever hear
about D. So, if anything, that may just show how unreliable TIOBE
is as a real measurement of language popularity or usage, but it
is interesting that we're that high up in comparison to the newer
languages that we usually get compared with.

- Jonathan M Davis