D and microservices

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 7 12:58:53 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 7 October 2015 at 17:31:12 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> My "Go vs D vs C vs Erlang" MQTT shootout was based on a
> colleague claiming that Go would win because concurrency is its
> thing. I called his bluff since despite Go having a (AFAIK)
> very good scheduler, I didn't see how vibe.d wouldn't give me
> the same performance. I was right.

Yes, Go is unlikely to have any throughput advantages compared to
a systems level programming language.

Go's advantages:
- a more mature compiler
- robust runtime features
- lower latency GC
- infrastructure support
- simple syntactical constructs

I would consider Go-routines a convenience feature.

If C++17 does stackless coroutines right then it probably will
surpass both Go and D in terms of memory locality, initialization
performance and memory usage; and therefore throughput as well.