Categorizing Ranges

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 7 21:02:42 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 7 October 2015 at 18:26:29 UTC, qznc wrote:

> Selective
>
> Although, then stride fits better into Selective than into
> Iterative. On the other hand, iterative seems not that fitting
> to me. lockstep might also be Compositional.

I actually agree with you about iterative, but I hadn't
considered changing it until I read this. IIRC, I picked the name
based on the documentation. All three of the listed ranges use
"Iterates" in the short description. I also included zip in that
category because it's akin to lockstep, despite the intuition
that it should be considered compositional.

Anyway, I'm not looking to establish any conventions here, just
an easy way to describe ranges. This thread has helped a good
deal.