Voting for std.experimental.testing

Per Nordlöw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 8 05:12:57 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 8 October 2015 at 08:52:04 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> Alright seriously?
> +    /**
> +     * Generate green coloured output on POSIX systems
> +     */
> +    string green(in string msg) @safe pure const
> +    {
> +        return escCode(Color.green) ~ msg ~
> escCode(Color.cancel);
> +    }
>
> Somebody fix please: https://github.com/robik/consoled
> Irk I don't like it being done like this. I want it done right
> or not at all pretty much.
>
> Further thought about UDA's especially those with high conflict
> potential. Perhaps they should instead be moved out into e.g.
> std.stdudas. That way it is not locked into e.g. testing while
> being reusable.

What about using compile-time-only struct-wrappers or UDA's for
Visual attributes such as color, boldness, etc? For a showcase
see my pretty.d (which I plan to propose to put in
std.experimental.pretty):

https://github.com/nordlow/justd/blob/master/pretty.d

It has bitrotten a bit lately but I'll fix it today if you want
to have live showcase.