D 2015/2016 Vision?

bitwise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 8 09:08:45 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 8 October 2015 at 10:05:53 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Wednesday, 7 October 2015 at 00:17:37 UTC, bitwise wrote:
>> If it takes long enough that C++ has reflection, modules,
>> ranges, stackless coroutines, concepts, etc, then I gotta be
>> honest, I'm gonna start worrying about investing too much time
>> in D.
>
> You manage resources with reference counting in C++? How it
> deals with circular references?

Resources don't generally own each other, so this isn't really an
issue. I had code which would request a resources from a shared
store, and then the shared store would keep a weak-pointer to the
resource and give out shared pointers to whoever asked. When no
one was using the resource anymore, it would be freed
automatically.

     Bit