D 2015/2016 Vision?

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 8 09:14:04 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 8 October 2015 at 15:59:23 UTC, bitwise wrote:
> Again, it's much easier to be careful about this when the
> author's intent is baked into the class.

That may be, but my point was that it doesn't actually guarantee
that the object is going to be destroyed determinstically. That's
going to require that the programmer using the object know that
it's designed to be destroyed deterministically and program
accordingly. Having it be easier for the programmer to figure out
whether an object was designed that way is definitely a plus, but
it doesn't make it so that they don't have to worry about it.

- Jonathan M Davis