Moving back to .NET

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 8 09:43:10 PDT 2015

?

> Pointers are of little use for a type that is always reference
> type.

You can have many different types of references.

> Make them not compile? @nogc does exactly that.

No, make the features work well without GC or change them.

> Reducing GC usage and emscripten backend are actionable if you
> want to work on them.

Changing the language is not "actionable" without creating a fork.

Regarding Emscripten, I don't see much value in spending so much
work on getting something that isn't good enough to work. A
higher level approach is needed for compact code gen. Possibly
also language adjustments.