Shout out to D at cppcon, when talkign about ranges.

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 10 13:00:52 PDT 2015

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 06:06:59PM +0000, Eric Niebler via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Saturday, 10 October 2015 at 06:15:10 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
[...]
> >Anyhow, it's best for us all to focus on doing good work instead of
> >pettily fighting for irrelevant credit.
>
> I only jumped in when I saw some disparagement of C++ and my work
> which (IMO) was both petty and wrong. I would very much like to drop
> this and get back to productive work.
[...]

Eric, if I came across as disparaging your work, I apologize, as that
was never my intention. As the author of the article that you used as
the basis for your presentation, I am very honored to have you
acknowledge my work in the C++ community.

My comment about C++ playing catchup wasn't intended to be petty
disparagement either, it's a reflection of my consideration that C++ has
been heading in the wrong direction (IMO), and only now is "turning the
ship", so to speak, toward where other languages have already gone
ahead.  I'm a C++ programmer myself, and for many years have faced many
problems and issues that arose from certain design decisions in C++.
After discovering D and realizing that I don't *need* to deal with such
issues after all, because D made different design decisions, only to
learn later on that C++ is now also trying to head in the same
directions, it's a bit hard not to perceive C++ as playing catch-up.

Gone Chopin. Bach in a minuet.