DIP74 - where is at?

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 11 00:00:28 PDT 2015

On 11 October 2015 at 15:52, Freddy via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, 10 October 2015 at 23:25:49 UTC, Manu wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>

> Speaking of DIP74 can't we just wrap a class in a struct with use reference
> counting with and use alias this?

Because the language doesn't have ref counting. And... no.
If the 'solution' D offers is more complicated than C++, why would I
leave C++? I certainly won't win over any new D users when I show them
how awesome D is at making their already horribly complex code even
worse.