how to do iota(0,256) with ubytes ? (cf need for iotaInclusive)

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 11 14:31:25 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 11 October 2015 at 15:34:38 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> On Sunday, 11 October 2015 at 13:58:24 UTC, Temtaime wrote:
>> Do not use string lambdas. It will be deprecated.
>
> I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen. Could you point me
> to something that supports that statement? I know there a few
> people who *want* them to be deprecated/removed, but that's a
> very different matter from "will be deprecated".

Their use is discouraged at this point, but they're used by so
much code that I'd be very surprised if they were ever
deprecated. And until we have a solution for being able to
compare non-string lambdas for equality, they're _defintely_ not
going to be deprecated. Regardless, AFAIK, neither Walter nor
Andrei has ever stated that they will be removed from Phobos -
just that we want to move towards using the newer style lambdas
instead.

- Jonathan M Davis