Moving back to .NET

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 12 05:10:13 PDT 2015

On Monday, 12 October 2015 at 10:25:49 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Friday, 9 October 2015 at 21:24:52 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
> wrote:
>>> vs starts is usable in about 2 second for me also.  Try using
>>> a computer from the modern era with an SSD.
>>
>> LOL. I _do_ use a computer with an SSD.
>
> On my machine vs2013 starts in 3 seconds: core i5 3470, 8gb RAM
> (3gb in use, 3gb cached), HDD 7200 rpm.

It may have something to do with the projects that we have, but
regardless of the reason, VS is incredibly slow to start and has
been on every machine that I've used at my current job.
Obviously, YMMV given that some of the folks here are saying that
it's incredibly slow, whereas others are saying that it's quite
fast.

- Jonathan M Davis