DIP74 - where is at?

Jacob via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 13 05:16:25 PDT 2015

On Monday, 12 October 2015 at 19:35:33 UTC, Ice Cream Overload
wrote:
> On Monday, 12 October 2015 at 16:56:27 UTC, Jacob wrote:
>> I've noticed that you seem to be quite arrogant. Usually it is
>> a result of ignorance. Your statement basically proves that.
>>
>> Maybe you should take a break from programming for a while and
>> work on your attitude?
>>
>> While you have no proof of this, If you do a little soul
>> searching you'll find that the world doesn't revolve around
>> you. Put down your toys and get out of the sandbox and you
>> might learn something!
>
> Dude you are kind of being a jerk. He's just arguing against,
> rather passionately, a design decision he thinks is poor. It
> values no one if individuals remain quiet and conform.
> Certainly not the leadership. What you see as arrogance is
> really just passion.

Passion or not,

"If you are wondering why I'm inflammatory, here you go. You are
pulling me the old prove a negative trick. You have good evidence
that DIP25 is good design ? Good, because I have none. And that's
my proof. As long as I have no evidence that DIP25 is good, DIP25
is bad."

That statement shows a lot of arrogance.

It he not really just saying "I have no clue if X is true, but
since I don't know, I'll just assume it's false and assume you
are wrong.".

That's not very logical. Why wouldn't he just as well assume X is
true?

The fact is, he can't and shouldn't make such statements about X
if he has no "evidence" about it.

Instead, wouldn't the proper approach be to discuss, learn, and
share what one things in a positive way so everyone can learn
about X and reach a more intelligent understanding of it?

Hilter was very passionate too, are you saying he was right?