DIP74 - where is at?

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 13 05:59:43 PDT 2015

On 12 October 2015 at 16:02, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> DIP69 is obviously known to me because my name is on it.

What is the problem with DIP69? It looks like a great direction to me.
It's almost exactly what I've been begging for for years!
As long as methods can overload on scope, then it can be used to
implement efficient RC. Also many other situations are improved in
general.

The only thing there that's not clear to me from DIP69 is:
  scope ref T func(scope ref T x) { return x; }

This needs to work, or you can't chain... but it doesn't look like
it's addressed?